Many people across the globe are adopting a vegetarian lifestyle due to various physical, mental and spiritual reasons. To be a vegetarian or not depends completely on a person’s choice. Being a vegan means excluding all animal flesh from one’s diet and eat plant based foods like fruits, vegetables, legumes, grains and seeds. Several people practice vegetarianism in different manner and there are different levels to it.
There are several advantages associated with living a vegetarian lifestyle.
– Vegetarians suffer from less health problems like high cholesterol, high BP, obesity, breast cancer, colon cancer, arthritis, type II Diabetes and heart disease.
– Vegetables and grains contain antioxidants and other nutrients which are good for the body in the long run.
– Meat contains fats and fatty acids.
– Vegetarians have a stronger immune system.
– Not having animal products is beneficial for the environment.
– Vegetarian diet is comparatively cheaper and can help you save money.
– Many religions also prohibit the intake of meat and meant products.
– Thousands of animals can be saved from being killed every day.
– Many meat products have parasites and bacteria that can harm you.
– Plant based products require less water, you can save a lot of water.
– Vegetarians have lesser risk of allergies.
– It can help boost world’s food supply and reduce world hunger.
– Meat industry leads to water pollution, deforestation and habitat destruction.
– Saves you from the guilt of harming a living creature.
– There are a lot of fibers in plants that are beneficial for smooth functioning of body.
– You can save yourself from deadly diseases like bird flu and Mad Cow.
If you start to follow a vegetarian diet, you can not only live a healthy life but also can protect the environment and prevent cruelty on animals. Many famous celebrities have also taken up vegan lifestyle to create an example for other people to follow and many people are influenced by that. You can also take a small step towards it by including vegetables in your diet for 2-3 days a week. It will also help you save a lot of money as your health cost will go down and also fresh fruits and vegetables cost way less and are extremely healthy.
No matter what your reason is to adopt a vegetarian lifestyle, it is sure to help not only you but also others in the long run. You will start to feel the difference in a short time span.